Tomato and Bean Dinner (Vegetarian)
This meal is naturally high in carbohydrate so you do not need to serve it with rice or bread. If you would like, please feel free to add a carbohydrate to this… we like a mini toasted garlic naan with this recipe!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot (chopped into rounds)
- 1 large stick celery (chopped into rounds)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Optional: 1 red chilli finely chopped or 1/2-1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 average can of tinned tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 2 x 400g can of your favourite beans! (drained). Kidney beans and butter beans work well with this recipe.
- Handful of basil
200g ball of burrata
- In a big non-stick saucepan, add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and oil. Cook on a medium heat until the onions are soft.
- Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, 2 cans of tinned beans, red pepper and the spices (and optional chilli). Bring to the boil and cook for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve piping hot with fresh basil, a wedge of lime, ¼ of a ball of burrata and a pinch of salt and pepper.